Sunday, October 26, 2014

New calling

This man set me apart today as Elders 
Quorum 2nd Counsellor 
http://rollingperspective.blogspot.com

I pondered recently after hearing him talk how I am damning myself if I squander any of my free time, when I see this man who seems to be short on his time left with his family and friends.
This afternoon he had me place his hand on my forearm and he set me apart and gave me a blessing. I felt a distinct weight and strength to his muscle-absent grip that witnessed to his priesthood power and authority. 
This is a big deal for me, since I have been a ward membership clerk for over 10 years. Normally they have guys my age start attending with the high priests group. I think they put me in this calling as much to get me in shape for that transition some day as much as for any contribution I might make in a leadership position. 
Anyway, here are a few recent pictures

Trying out rice with my diet


What to do with cups of left over doro wat that has had it's doro eaten up already ... (Butternut&kale)

Still digging succulent salad and sardines 


Before the Halloween dance


No comments:

Post a Comment