Day 1 of new diet...
Our good friend Ross Bailey stopped by for a visit last night.
He was on day 9 of the Whole 30 diet and I figured that I should join him.
Why?
Here is what I understand:
For the next 30 days I will
Avoid:
Milk products
peanuts
Concentrated Sugars (includes honey, maple syrup, fruit juice)
grains (bread, pasta, etc.)
beans
highly processed stuff, soda etc
I can eat:
eggs (plenty of those around here)
potatoes
veggies
fruit
nuts
meat (though honestly, I would rather have beans and dairy for protein than meat)
Then, after 30 days I can experiment by adding in foods at a pace that would let me see how my body reacts. If it makes me feel better, then I can keep it in my diet in moderation. If it makes me feel yucky, then I limit it.
Our good friend Ross Bailey stopped by for a visit last night.
He was on day 9 of the Whole 30 diet and I figured that I should join him.
Why?
- The idea of a 30 day cleanse sounds like it can't do any harm
- I've committed to Momma that I will work on losing my double-chin and neck folds but haven't made much progress and more often than not, keep eating what I feel like.
- I would be a lean healthy machine if I can get down to and maintain 175, and probably add a few years to my life by taking care of myself better.
- The discipline of the diet would likely help me be more consistent at other important things, which would improve the quality of my life
- I want to be a good healthy example and encouragement to my family
- Holding myself accountable to Ross may have some powerful sticking power and I need support&encouragement. For some reason, it would be easier to tell Momma that I ate 5 doughnuts yesterday than it would be to tell Ross the same thing. She would laugh or maybe send me to KK to get her some too.
- After the 30 days, I can experiment with adding some of my favorite foods back into my diet. So the scientific aspect of this creates an interesting challenge and a customized diet that may work out better for me than something than some fattish diet. That was a joke, in case you didn't notice.
Here is what I understand:
For the next 30 days I will
Avoid:
Milk products
peanuts
Concentrated Sugars (includes honey, maple syrup, fruit juice)
grains (bread, pasta, etc.)
beans
highly processed stuff, soda etc
I can eat:
eggs (plenty of those around here)
potatoes
veggies
fruit
nuts
meat (though honestly, I would rather have beans and dairy for protein than meat)
Then, after 30 days I can experiment by adding in foods at a pace that would let me see how my body reacts. If it makes me feel better, then I can keep it in my diet in moderation. If it makes me feel yucky, then I limit it.
No comments:
Post a Comment